Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Green Thumb is Waning....


I know - not such a pretty picture to pull up of my ivy that is dying off. I bought these the same day that I found out I had gotten my new job - kind of a celebration - you know, a new phase in my life, a new plant to grow and thrive...only no one told the plant - well, I tried to, but John laughs at me when I talk to my plants (even though I tell him the co2 from my breath is good for them). Anyhow - my ivy is dying and I want to have beautiful ivy! When I bought these plants they said - 'easy to grow'. Not sure if I'm missing something. I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one. First - are they already dead? Should I just gracefully dispose of them? Second - if they are not dead, what else can I try? I have tried keeping them moist, not keeping them too moist, keeping them in full light, keeping them in moderate light...Comments and suggestions are welcome!!

6 comments:

Katie Barker said...

I don't think I every heard what your new job was... do tell.

Bethany said...

I didn't tell you? I'm working at Regent University - your old employer! Hope you and Tim are getting adjusted to Chicago!

Katie Barker said...

which department are you in??

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Bethany, no advice here...I know nothing of growing plants. Sorry! Just wanted to leave a quick comment. Thanks for keeping us last weekend. We enjoyed those couple of days. Also, just wanted to say I was thinking of you yesterday...we went swimming and I thought back to the days when you and I would swim while we (I mean you!) waiting for John to get off work! Hope your Sunday is going well!! Love ya

jess said...

I'm a big fan of miracle grow!! Let plan a dinner date shall we??

cranny + b said...

I second the miracle grow. . .and maybe a larger pot;) You crack me up!

p.s. I like your new look!