I would have titled this blog the same if I had written it last week, but even more so after this week. John and I have seen God interact with us in a special way over the past few days and since this afternoon my fingers have been itching to blog about it and put my thoughts down.
On Monday morning as I was backing out of my parking spot in front of our apartment my bumper was side swiped by one of neighbors. A paint job is the main thing it will need. The car is still driveable and neither one of us was injured or hurt. It was an inconvenience that made me late for work, but it could have been worse.
Last night we dropped my car off at the local mechanic shop for the state inspection. John had noticed his battery light had lit up in his car but after a trip to Auto Zone found out the battery was in good shape. He figured that the alternator must be going, but it may be a while.
This morning, I took John's car to work and drove home to meet him for lunch and to go pick up my car from the mechanic shop. When we got in the car the battery was dead and the car wouldn't start. At just this moment our neighbor drives up (different than the one who I had an accident with on Monday am) in his work van and is able to jump start the car. So, we start off...again... only this time the car starts jerking and not shifting and the gauges on the dash board aren't working! I wasn't sure we were going to make it to the mechanic shop, but thank the Lord we did. We also began to wonder if the alternator was instead the transmission going...
Many things to be thankful to the LORD about in the midst of this...
1. My accident could have been much worse.
2. John's car behaved while I was driving (because I would have not known what to do if it had started acting like that while I was driving)
3. Our neighbor drove up just as we needed him.
4. We made it to the Mechanics.
5. My car was driveable - so thankful an accident had not rendered it useless
6. We had left extra early so John wasn't late to work (small, I know - but important).
7. The Lord will provide for the repair, whatever it is...
8. More details to come on #8....
9. Not every day I get extra time with my husband on a ride to work!
I do have to say that the beginning of this week has felt a little bit like falling down the last few steps of a staircase - bump, bump, ? but we are so thankful for our God's provision and even the way He has turned our hearts to Him! We don't know the outcome yet but we trust Him. Hasn't He been good? So, I guess I would sum up the rest of my Thanksgiving as follows...
Thank you for the cross, Thank You, Lord, for drawing me
Out of millions lost, Thank You, Lord, for saving me
Haven't you been good?
Glory to Your name, Glory to Your holy name,
Thankfulness and praise for grace and mercy never changing
Haven't you been so good to me?
small lamp shades
10 months ago